Determine Interest Calculations
TimeValue Software™ TaxInterest™ IRS/state interest and penalty software lets you organize your tax liability and payment information in an easy-to-use interface. Then, with one click, instantly see the amount of accrued interest. The rates and methods for interest calculations are built-in and updated regularly to assure TaxInterest software is ready when you need it. No more estimating whether the numbers “look right.” Change a date or amount and recalculate for valuable “what if?” calculations.
- IRS Interest - Historical interest rates dating from 1954 to present are updated quarterly. Calculate underpayment, and overpayment (refund) interest (Section 6621).
- State interest - Calculate underpayment and overpayment interest for most states with additional functionality being added through quarterly updates.
- Additional Jurisdictions - Create interest rate tables for cities, sales tax, other countries, etc. Additional functionality provided via quarterly updates.
- Large Corporate underpayment (Hot Interest) - Determine interest on amounts in excess of $100,000 under IRC section 6621(c).
- GATT interest - Incorporate GATT refund interest calculations for C Corps. Set threshold amounts and allocate IRS check events appropriately (Section 6621).
- Motivated Interest - Apply designated higher rates for substantial underpayments on returns due prior to 1990 (tax motivated transactions).
- Interest on Penalties - Automatically calculate interest accruals on penalties, and specify notice dates to check IRS calculations
Reliable Penalty Calculations
TaxInterest software also takes the guesswork out of your IRS penalty calculations. The software gives you the ability to compute specific penalty amounts for FIN 48 disclosures, check your potential exposure, or verify figures from the IRS. You’ll see the bottom line on interest and penalties. All the rules and calculations are built in. Simply select the penalties you need to calculate and immediately see the results.
- Failure to File Return When Due 6651(a)(1)
- Failure to Pay Tax Shown on Return 6651(a)(2)
- Failure to Pay Tax Assessed 6651(a)(3)
- Negligence 6662(c)
- Fraud 6663
- Substantial Understatement of Income Tax 6662(d)
- Valuation Misstatement 6662(e)
- Overstatement of Pension Liabilities 6662(f)
- Estate or Gift Valuation Understatement 6662(g)
After you’ve calculated the bottom line in interest and penalties, all your calculations are presented on professional and easy-to-read reports to document your work. These reports are perfect to send to the IRS.
Try TaxInterest Software Risk-Free
All TimeValue Software products include an unconditional one year money-back guarantee.
System Requirements for TaxInterest Software:
- Supports Windows XP and above and Windows Server 2003 and above - both 32 bit and 64 bit, and Terminal Services
- Citrix is being used successfully by TimeValue Software customers with no known issues in this environment
- At least 10MB RAM and 5MB disk space
To Order Now...
- Fill out the online order form, or
- Call 1-949-727-1800 or 1-800-426-4741 (within USA)